- Direct attack wildfire operations
- Relay tank pumping for remote watering during firefighting operations
- High-elevation firefighting in mountainous areas
- In series pumping over long distances
- Parallel pumping for higher volumes
Fire PumpsWATERAX offers a complete line of high performance portable centrifugal pumps.
MARK-3® Portable High-Pressure Fire Pump
Launched in 1964, the MARK-3® lightweight portable pump has been the pump of choice for most wildland fire agencies around the world for decades. Backed by its proven record, the MARK-3® pump today is known for high performance, reliability and durability. Its consistent high-pressure output, ability to pump in tandem or series, and toughness to withstand the rigours of firefighting have made the MARK-3® the core of most remote water-delivery systems in wildland fire suppression. Following a series of improvements in 2015, today the MARK-3® gives new meaning to durability and reliability.
The upgraded version requalified under the USDA Forest Service 100-hour endurance test in San Dimas on 08/04/15 and has been requalified under QPL Number 5100-274.
This unit is available with configurations that include:
- Fuel tank
- Quick-connect adaptor
- Suction protector
Features and benefits
- Quick-release clamp and detachable pump end for minimal equipment downtime
- Unique blister resistant mechanical rotary seal to prolong pump end longevity
- Sealed bearing to eliminate pump end greasing in the field
- Aluminum alloy pump components and anodized parts for lighter weight and greater resistance to corrosion